DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Enhancer Pro™ Sealer
Features and Benefits
- Enriches color
- Heavy duty protection against most stains
- Solvent-based, interior and exterior applications
Where to Use
Natural stone such as limestone, slate, travertine, sandstone, flagstone, tumbled stone, flamed stone and textured stone. Masonry and concrete.
Read entire label before using. Use only as directed. Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, free of waxes, coatings, and previous sealers, and is dry for 24–72 hours. Surface temperature should be between 50°F and 80°F. Ensure that the area is well-ventilated during application and until the surface is dry. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.
- Mask off any surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Liberally apply an even coat using a paint pad, roller, brush, or pump-up garden sprayer. Do not use a power sprayer, towel, or sponge for application. Do not thin before using. See Method of Application for more instructions.
- Allow sealer to penetrate surface for 15–20 minutes. Denser material may require more time to penetrate. DO NOT ALLOW EXCESS SEALER TO DRY ON SURFACE. Failure to remove excess sealer from surface may result in residue that may need to be mechanically removed.
- Thoroughly wipe surface with multiple dry cloths to remove all excess sealer.
- A second coat may be needed for more absorbent surfaces. If darker appearance is required, sealer should be applied one hour after initial application, as directed in steps 2 through 4.
- Full cure is achieved after 24–72 hours. Avoid foot traffic for 6–8 hours after application. If foot traffic must resume sooner, cover the floor with red rosin paper to protect it until full cure has been achieved. Red rosin paper is not needed to apply second coat.
- Clean equipment with mineral spirits. Rags and equipment that are wet with product may be flammable. Clean up promptly after job is complete. Clean equipment with mineral spirits and allow to dry in a well-ventilated area. Allow rags to dry in a well-ventilated area out of reach of children and pets. When dry, dispose of in accordance with local waste disposal regulations.
Method of Application
For small jobs, use a paint pad, roller, or brush. For larger jobs, use a pump-up garden sprayer available at your local garden center, hardware store, or home improvement center. Do not use a power sprayer. Power sprayers create a significant amount of overspray, resulting in wasted product and the need for additional clean-up. A pump-up garden sprayer will reduce the potential for over-exposure to vapors and produce better results.
Ensure that the area is well-ventilated during application and until the surface is dry to the touch. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.